Re: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch info wanted

To: <n9en@charter.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch info wanted
From: Patrick Barthelow <apolloeme@live.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 07:53:43 -0800
Hello Brad,

I just found a comprehensive site, of W7NV, with comprehensive prop pitch info.
http://www.k7nv.com/notebook/ppinfo/id39.htm
Best Regards,    73,   Pat Barthelow  apolloeme@live.com"Echoes of Apollo"  "On
Wings of
Eagles":http://www.parkes.atnf.csiro.au/news_events/apollo11/http://www.jamesburgdish.org>
 From: n9en@charter.net> To: towertalk@contesting.com> Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009
15:43:26 +0000> Subject: [TowerTalk] Prop Pitch info wanted> > Hello all,> > I
am getting ready to "retire" an overloaded Tailtwister> rotator with a "small"
prop pitch motor (9,576:1 reduction> ratio) and was wondering about a couple of
details in> regards to putting it in service.> > I was thinking about putting a
light coating of low-temp> grease on the gear surfaces inside the gear housing,
as> I understand that it's not advisable to fill it with oil, due> to the motor
being mounted in a vertical position. Is that> an advisable thing to do?> >
Also, I am planning on operating the motor on 24 volts> D.C. and was wondering
how large of a DC power supply> will be needed. Does anyone know what the
normal> current draw (in D.C. amps at 24 volts) would be for this> motor?> >
Thanks for any help!> > 73 de Brad, N9EN @ Radio Free Roscoe (IL)® >