Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary Mast Guide

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Temporary Mast Guide
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:55:23 +0000
When I have had to pull a rotor like that I will run rope from each leg
around the mast and tie very tightly... something like 2 loops around the
leg and mast, tie off, then wrap back around the 2 loops to pull them in on
themselves, kind of like how a hangman's noose is wrapped up.  If done
properly it makes almost a solid rope spacer.  Done in all 3 directions with
decent rope it makes a very solid temporary support.  If you don't think the
rope itself is enough, cut a piece of 2x2 or even angle iron that will just
fit between the leg and mast, put that inside the loops and then lash it in
place with the hangman's wraps.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net