[TowerTalk] Idiom Press RotorCard DXA Installation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Idiom Press RotorCard DXA Installation
From: "mrlogs" <mrlogs@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:40:26 -0500
Hi,
  I tried installing my new Rotorcard DXA into my Yaesu 1000DXA controller
today. I hooked it up to my PC thru a Belkin Serial to USB connector. I know
the connector work's as I use it for another serial input..this was off and no
software opened & the PC had been restarted..

I used Windows Hyperterminal for the terminal program...I set it at 4800 baud,
etc, per the instructions..Com port 4 is what I used..

Next, I hooked the PC board up to the controller & Serial to USB
connector..plugged the controller in, typed a capital "V" per instructions, got
all the copyright info, then typed the capital "K" per instructions..got the
repeating numbers in Hyperterminal..and adjusted everything to "270 deg and "90
deg"" per the instr. (I had rotated the controller manually to "270 deg and 90
deg" as I calibrated it)..

I tried ending the calibration program by typing a small "k"..nothing I typed
would show up in Hyperterminal

I tried testing the rotor function by typing AP1030;AM!; per the instr.
wouldn't do anything, nothing I typed showed up in Hyperterminal

I redid it all (after restarting  the PC..and starting over..nothing I typed
show's up in Hyperterminal...I checked the Device Mgr in Control Panel for Com
Port 4..it's working and set up @ 4800 baud, etc too & it say's it's working
OK..

What am I missing..or is the RotorCard DXA sorta DOA?

Any ideas?........Thanks in advance for any & all help..

                               73'.          Tom  N3ZC