[TowerTalk] Isotron Antennas

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Isotron Antennas
From: "WA6RKN" <WA6RKN@ARRL.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 08:10:01 -0800
If you gentle readers would bear with me while I take an excursion into some
antenna type questions....

Specifically, the Isotron Antenna.

Being a skeptic, this antenna sounds too good to be true..

So..I ask you folk..Opinions?  Thoughts....good or bad.....

(Or any suggestions of a small footprint antenna for use from an apartment
landing.  This one caught my attention as one could BS the apartment
management and say it was a fancy sat dish.  They wouldn't know the
difference.  LOL)

Limited area for an HF antenna and severe restrictions necessitates the
search and questions.

Dipoles and other wire antennas are out.  Verticals are pretty much out as
well.

Thanks in advance!

Joe Wolfe
WA6RKN