Re: [TowerTalk] mast material

To: <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] mast material
From: "Dave Johnson" <djohnson@windstream.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 21:43:28 -0500
Hey Rick,
Thanks for your post but may I beg to differ.  We are talking about aluminum
pipe and aluminum tube.  Here are the facts.  2" aluminum schedule 40 pipe
is 2.375" OD and 2.067" ID.  2" aluminum tube is 2.000" OD and the ID
depends on the wall thickness.  BTW, the wall thickness of 2" schedule 40
pipe is .154" and it weighs 1.264 pounds per foot.  2" schedule 80 pipe is
also 2.375" OD and 1.939" ID.  Its wall thickness is .218".  It weighs 1.737
pounds per foot.

The reason for my post to Tony was in hopes that he would not buy a length
of 2" pipe with an OD that would be .375" larger than the bearing in the top
section of his tower and thus would not fit.  Just trying to be helpful.

Dave