Re: [TowerTalk] 75/80 vertical

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 75/80 vertical
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:41:23 -0400 (EDT)
Gregg,

I recommend not using bare copper wire alongside your tower.  Copper will cause
galvanizing to fail not only at the connection points, but also anywhere copper
ions wash off the bare copper and deposit onto the galvanizing.

I'm sure dozens of Towertalkians use Rohn tubular-leg towers as vertical
radiators, and I've never seen a problem reported here.

73
Frank
W3LPL