Re: [TowerTalk] Gizmotchy's

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gizmotchy's
From: "WA6RKN" <WA6RKN@ARRL.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 09:16:19 -0700
From: "Michael Goins" <wmgoins@gmail.com>

> Quite likely true, but then the TH antenna series wasn't designed for
> illegal CB operation either, and this one is. The power rating and
> user feedback state that clearly. The TH is a ham band antenna that
> someone might use for CB (legally or otherwise - though I don't know
> why they would as a monobander would work a lot better).

For some silly reason, it is an tenna of choice for CB'ers.  Don't ask me
why!

> ANd there is no way anyone can be a ham for long and not know that
> there are hams running way over legal power, but that wasn't a part of
> the original email post or comment, so it is totally irrelevant.

I believe someone made comment about the need for 5kw gamma on the antenna
and the 6 meter antenna came to mind, coupled with high power amps.

>And, for the record, no where was I putting down CBers.

Mike...sorry...I did not mean to imply that you were.  I should have worded
my attempt at mild humor and fact differently.

I apologize.

Joe Wolfe
WA6RKN
Reno, Nevada