[TowerTalk] Franklin County tower ordinance

To: <StLASE@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Franklin County tower ordinance
From: "Blake Bowers" <bbowers@mozarks.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:01:53 -0500
Franklin County MO has a zoning ordinance on the table right now.

For HAM towers, it permits up to 35 feet - with Conditional Use
Permits required in residental zoned areas.

For OVER 35 feet, in RD and RD-2 areas, it simply does not
allow the tower, in other areas it requires a CUP or admin permit.

PRB-1 says the county has to make reasonable accomodations,
is 35 feet reasonable?  Most areas have 70 feet or so.

The proposed ordinance also has lots of set back requirements,
fall zone requirements, and landscaping requirements.  I don't at
first blush see any exemptions for HAMS on these requirements.

In fact, I don't see any exemption from the loading requirements for
HAMS.

CUP is 500 bucks, admin permit 200.

100.00 fee every two years for renewal.

This is a bad ordinance.

Add to the burden for commercial towers, they want to require
us to provide free space for any public service group or agency.

I suppose the gas stations in town are providing free gas for the
patrol cars....

Don't take your organs to heaven,
heaven knows we need them down here!