Re: [TowerTalk] Compacted vs. Undisturbed Soil

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Compacted vs. Undisturbed Soil
From: "Michael Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:02:16 -0400
I'm the type of guy who takes things literally, and Undisturbed soil is just
that and nothing else. It is UNDISTURBED.  I would imagine this has been
bantered around a million times with the answer being the same in every
case.  I dug the 96" deep hole. Use 4 x 8 plywood sheets as forms, making
two square boxes that fit into the hole, just about all the way to the
bottom.  But I did not use them to pour the concrete. Once the rebar cage
and tower base were wired together with the doobies standing the rebar from
the sides and bottom, the forms come OUT of the hole.  I built a square form
6" above ground, and poured away. The concrete is in contact with the
undisturbed soil.  - Mike