[TowerTalk] help w/ KT34XA

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] help w/ KT34XA
From: "Mark, K5ER" <k5er@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:01:41 -0500
Hi TT'ers,
         Scott, W5WZ, is about to put up his stack of large F-12
tribanders, so because of a deal he and I made, I am losing my C-31XR. In
its place, I'm installing a KT34XA to get me through while I acquire enough
stuff to transition over to stacked mono's. I have the manual on the KT,
and everything has gone together easily until I got to the feed.

         The book mentions the "#12 AWG Copper leads" between the balun and
the "T" match. I have one ring terminal with about 1/8 inch of wire from
the original. The book is not clear on how long these leads need to be, but
in cap letters, states "DO NOT SUBSTITUTE LONGER LEADS". I have seen the
photo on the M2 web site of the "New" style, with all connections on the
end and its leads appear to be about 6-7 inches. For this antenna, I have
the OLD style balun with the connections horizontally opposed from each
other. I'm guessing they should be something between 3 and 6 inches, but
not sure. Can anybody give me a more exact figure, please?

Thanks in advance,
Mark, K5ER