Re: [TowerTalk] wood towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wood towers
From: "William H. O'Hara, III" <n1ey@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 06:45:12 -0400
http://n1ey.netfirms.com/nfblog/index.php?s=tower+wooden

Good morning to everyone on the list.  I think that wooden towers are
interesting.  There were several in the area south of Boston.
Supposedly, a VHF'er had an 80 foot tower across from a big CW DX'er
during the 70's in Braintree.  He had a platform for operating at the
top.  I have some pictures on my website about two persons and their
wooden towers.  They kept them simple, but worked at them hard.  K1LWI
had a fairly tall wooden tower.

N1EY

--
"What at first was plunder has assumed the softer name of revenue". -Thomas
Paine