Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearing versus rotator pin bolt

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust bearing versus rotator pin bolt
From: Adam Shirley WJ4X <wj4x@amsat.org>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 21:24:41 -0400
When you tighten the unladen mast in the bearing it is unstressed, then
when you load it with antennas, the thrust bearing comes into play.

What you're trying to do there doesn't make sense. You don't "Pull up"
anything, the thrust bearing is "sharing" the load. Not taking it all on
for itself, if that makes sense.

Also, anytime one of you choices is "Follow the instructions"... Take
that route.

   73!
    -Adam
     WJ4X