Re: [TowerTalk] Advice

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Advice
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 08:59:18 -0500
AD5X wrote:  "I built several base matching networks that work great for
160- and 80-meters.  Info is in the "Articles" section of my website at
www.ad5x.com."...

I noticed you didn't calculate the temperature rise in the cores.  There
is a very nice piece of FREE software that will do that for an
auto-transformer (or for an inductor, or for any device where the signal
is transferred totally thru core flux).
http://www.dl5swb.de/html/mini_ring_core_calculator.htm
This will give you the temperature rise due to flux.  You will have to
manually add the effect of dissipation due to resistive losses in the wire.
You may be surprised by the answer.

Jerry, K4SAV