[TowerTalk] The dreaded cage again

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] The dreaded cage again
From: Phil Snyder <n9lah@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 21:37:32 -0500
In the latest cage rage I don't remember this subject, but some one is sure to let me know if I missed it. Would it be beneficial to make the 55 foot vertical section of my inverted "L" maybe a 6 wire cage? My guess is that it wouldn't change much except for the bandwidth. The "L" is a random length temporary antenna 55 feet in the vertical section and maybe 60-70 feet horizontal sloping down to about 25 feet. It is tuned at the base with an SGC-237.

Phil
N9LAH
08:10:00