[TowerTalk] LM-470 rotor removal

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] LM-470 rotor removal
From: NPAlex@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 23:39:46 EDT

Bill,

I have had the same issue with a couple of my LM-470 towers in years past
and the method used was to tilt the tower over until it was horizontal, but
I  used a heavy timber (4x4) placed under the first tower section to take
some of  the strain off of the tilt  cable.  Then carefully extended the tower
 so that the rotator cleared preceding section.  Your SteppIR boom being
only 6ft should allow the tower to be tilted to near horizontal.  Hopefully
you will be able to wiggle the rotator out of the tower section without
having  to move the mast out.  You could add more supporting timbers further
out
on  the extended sections to permit even more extension to aid in rotor
replacement.  Care should be exercised when extending the tower, be sure to
transfer the weight to the timber posts.

Regards,
Norm W4QN