Re: [TowerTalk] STEPPIR QUESTION

To: "'Dick Green WC1M'" <wc1m73@gmail.com>, "'Bob Gibson'" <w5rg@yahoo.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] STEPPIR QUESTION
From: "N2TK" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 19:23:56 -0400
Is there a way to build an external box with something like opto-isolators
to better isolate the driver chips from getting nailed so easily? Maybe add
MOV's to the opto-isolators? The breakdown voltage of the opto-isolators
would seem to give some protection to the controller.
Presently I use a 25 pin LPT switch box to ground the controller line to the
antenna during the summer months when I am not operating.

N2TK, Tony