Re: [TowerTalk] PL259's and heat shrink tubing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL259's and heat shrink tubing
From: Pete Michaelis - N8TR <pete.n8tr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:46:19 -0400
I use the procedures described below by W9FX to seal splices with the
exception of step 1 which I leave out.  I find that the Scotch 130C
conforms to the connector better than Scotch 33+ or the Scotch 88+
that I mostly use and it is quite easy to remove.  With a few knife slits it
peels right off.  I just opened one today after being outside for several
years. When I peeled off the Scotch 130C you could read the lettering
(backwards) on the connector imprinted on the fused 130C.  It was
not at all gooey.

Using these procedures  connectors remain bright and shiny even after
being up on the tower for more than 10 years.

73 Pete - N8TR