Re: [TowerTalk] World's toughest fixes - 2000' tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] World's toughest fixes - 2000' tower
From: "Jim Miller KG0KP" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:57:38 -0500
OK, I have to say it.  I was up 54 feet and to me that's a mile.  Working to
take down a tribander and trees all around that had grown through the tower
and up and into the antenna.  Calm day, mostly, a gust of wind moved all the
tree tops in unison and I thought the tower was falling.  I grabbed the
tower hard enough I thought I bent the top.  Not sure what that was supposed
to do except keep from bouncing once I hit the ground.  Anyway, scared the
cr-- out of me.

73, de Jim KG0KP