Re: [TowerTalk] World's toughest fixes - 2000' tower

To: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>, "'RICHARD SOLOMON'" <w1ksz@q.com>, "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] World's toughest fixes - 2000' tower
From: "Larry Banks" <larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:10:15 -0400
It was the John Hancock Tower, in Boston, in the early 70's.  The solution
was thicker glass!  They also had to ADD dampers:

"The building's upper-floor occupants suffered from motion sickness when the
building swayed in the wind. To stabilize the movement, a device called a
tuned mass damper was installed on the 58th floor."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hancock_Tower

73 - Larry - W1DYJ