Re: [TowerTalk] Resonance is over rated

To: Clay W7CE <w7ce@curtiss.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Resonance is over rated
From: Blair S Balden <blair.balden@wmich.edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 20:10:26 -0400
Hi everyone,
Wouldn't a better definition of a resonant circuit be a circuit that has
reactance, but where the capacitive reactance is equal to the inductive
reactance?  That would exclude a purely resistive circuit.  The concept of
resonance does not seem appropriate for purely resistive circuits, where the
response is not frequency-dependent.
Blair