Re: [TowerTalk] Folded dipole

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Folded dipole
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 08:55:14 -0700
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:10:15 -0400, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

>As long as one is looking for strictly a single band antenna,
>a wide spaced folded dipole has some interesting advantages
>but multiple band use with a tuner is not one of them.

If you're going to the trouble of two wires, I STRONGLY recommend a
simple 80/40 fan. I've got two of them at right angles up 100 ft,
fed with RG11, and they work quite well. In addition to 80 and 40,
they also work well on 30M, 17M, 15M, 12M, and 6M. When I say work
well, I mean that the match is 3:1 or better at the shack and the DX
comes back when I call them. :)

73,

Jim K9YC