Re: [TowerTalk] Al Hix - W8AH

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Al Hix - W8AH
From: Tom Horton <k5iid@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:22:52 -0700 (PDT)
I was attending a class in Charleston, WV quite some time ago. Dave, WA8WV,
arranged a dinner get together for a bunch of local guys and myself. Al Hix,
W8AH, was one of the locals attending. Nothing would have it except that he was
buying my dinner. Afterwards Dave and I took Al home and he insisted that I
come see his shack. He had just a small area for his shack and was it ever
stuffed with radio equipment. I remember a very small operating position with
equipment on all the walls in the small room. With the three of us in that room
there was hardly room to turn around.
 Al was quite the gentleman in person, even if he did have duplicate QSOs with
every  DXpedition that came down the pike.
 I know this is off topic, but I just wanted to say how fortunate I was to meet
Al and spend some with him.
 Tom K5IID

"If It Weren't For The United States Military There Would Be NO United States
of America ."

September 11, 2001
We can never, never forget !
If we aren't free and alive,