[TowerTalk] 3 section crank-up tower- cable rigging

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 3 section crank-up tower- cable rigging
From: "Mark Tyler" <k5gq@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:01:23 GMT

I have purchased a T-BD-50HD made by Aluma Tower Company, Inc.
The cabling is not complete to raise the tower.
I am looking for examples of other 3 sections crank-up towers, showing detailed
pictures of top and bottoms section. (this does not need to be aluma tower;
just a 3 section crank-up tower.
-- let me know if you are willing to help me.

Mark
K5GQ
Houston, TX
Replacing tower damaged by hurricane IKE;  26" diameter pine tree  fell on
tower before hitting house.

>From Aluma Tower Company, Inc.:  (reduced to be brief)

This tower was made in the mid to late seventies.
A lot of our old drawings and records were destroyed when we had the hurricanes
here in 2004.

Unfortunately with the changes that have been made to the tower over the years
structurally.
The way we rig towers now would not work.

If I come up with a plan for you I will.