Re: [TowerTalk] TX-472 Re-cable Suggestions & Hinta

To: Jim Nagle <kf4od@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TX-472 Re-cable Suggestions & Hinta
From: Dan <n5ar@air-pipe.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:32:54 -0700
Jim, I have replaced all the cables on my TX472 as well as remove the
pulleys and replace the bearings working from a ladder. My tower does
not have a winch or power pull down. I raise and lower it using a floor
block pulley and my tractor or a pick up truck (4wd). When it is lifted
to extended position I slip a piece of 3 inch channel iron thru the
tower at the bottom of the second section from the bottom and lower onto
it. I have been doing it this way for 15 years and no problems.
  It was not a particularly difficult job if you have a reasonable
amount of mechanical aptitude. There is a description of how I did it on
our clubs web page www.sdxa.org   Click the DX Tips on the right hand
side and read about it. I am 83 years old and not particularly strong.
THIS IS A DESCRIPTION OF HOW I DID IT AND YOU ARE TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE IF
IT DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU.

73, Dan, N5AR