Re: [TowerTalk] modeling a v shaped dipole

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] modeling a v shaped dipole
From: Gary Slagel <gdslagel@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:19:37 -0700 (PDT)
I didn't do a very good job of describing the antenna.  I'm not really folding
the ends back into a C.   I'm making a flat V.... like an inverted Vee but with
the ends horizontal rather then drooping to the ground.

I didn't expect much effect as I brought them back to enclose a 135 degree Vee
but I was surprised that when the Vee was enclosing only a 45 degree angle,
EZNEC still showed it with an identical pattern to a broadside dipole.   So...
if the pictures I drew below are understandable, I wouldn't have thought these
two dipoles would have an identical azimuthal pattern!

----------------o o---------------- broadside dipole viewed from above

                o o               45 degree vee dipole viewed from above
              /      \