Re: [TowerTalk] modeling a v shaped dipole

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] modeling a v shaped dipole
From: Gary Slagel <gdslagel@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 07:42:32 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks Jim,

I'm wondering if I can take advantage of this to create a switched, 3 legged
antenna that will have the same gain/pattern as 2 switched broadside dipoles.
Looking at the diagram below, I'll switch from using wires 1 and 3 for a
northeast/southwest pattern to using 2 and 3 for a northwest/southeast
pattern.  This would work nicely for me cuz there's a big cliff to the north
side of this setup so I can't get a support out that direction.... not to
mention less wires to hold up in the air.  Does that make sense?  Again, it all
depends on the vee enclosing a 90 degree angle being just as efficient as a
broadside dipole!

                              north
            1                   |                2

                                 |  3