Re: [TowerTalk] Burying hardline question

To: Ray <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Burying hardline question
From: Dan <n5ar@air-pipe.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:55:58 -0800
Ray, I have considerable experience with gopher damage  to buried
cable.  I have  700 feet or more of  Andrews  7/8 and 1/2 inch buried
here to a depth of a foot or so. I have never  had  any  damage to it
from gophers. I have had them chew on BuryFlex and they chewed thru
buried plastic tubing carrying water from my well to the sprinkler
system. Believe me I have lots of gophers here on my 10 acres, probably
thousands.
  If your TV hardline has no insulated outer cover and is aluminum, I
would be concerned with corrosion if your soil is alkaline. My former
QTH was in Dallas and aluminum ground radials corrode completely away in
months.

73, Dan, N5AR