Re: [TowerTalk] Guying 3 inch Irrigation Pipe

To: Pat Chiles <chilesp@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying 3 inch Irrigation Pipe
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:38:59 -0700
3 inch ABS fits very nicely over 3 inch irrigation tubing, and Home
Depot sells black "plastic" toilet flanges that will fit over the 3 inch
ABS.  The toilet flanges are super tough and already have four holes in
them for fastening to a floor.  Glue the toilet flange to a few inches
of the 3 inch ABS and then slide the assembly over the irrigation
tubing.  Drill three or four holes through both the ABS and the
irrigation tubing for self tapping screws to secure the sleeve in place.

In my opinion, one set of guys about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up each
vertical should be sufficient for everything short of a hurricane or
tornado.

73,
Dave   AB7E