Re: [TowerTalk] Taper element sections

To: "Tommy" <aldermant@windstream.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Taper element sections
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:39:18 -0500
Hi Tom -

I would highly recommend the use of Penetrox (or similat). I've used it for
several decades and find that it seems to hold up forever. Besides the
conductivity issue, close fits in the tubing can become difficult to take
apart with a few years of aluminum oxide buildup. Clean with steel wool
until bright and shiny, then apply a thin coat of the penetrox. Also
recommended for any electrical/RF connedtions e.g feeding the driven
element, if you have a tribander, inside the traps, and center pin and shell
threads on coas connectors.

Gene / W2LU