Re: [TowerTalk] aluminum tubing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] aluminum tubing
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 21:41:29 EST

 Joe, that is not quite correct. You can buy 6ft or 12ft tubing from  Texas
Towers and the price is the same per foot. 6 ft lengths can ship via UPS
and 12 ft lengths can ship by truck freight for huge $$; typically $200
minimum  and can be a lot more.

If you need an 8ft section, we can cut that from a 12ft  piece and send
both the 8ft and 4 ft length to you. The price is still for 12  ft. UPS
considers 8ft lengths as double oversize and charges as if the carton  weighs
70
pounds. In addition to that, they have a $6 surcharge because the  carton is
more than 60 inches long.

Even the 6 ft lengths get zinged for the more than 60  inch length but that
is much more reasonable than the 70 pound  charge.

73,
Gerald Williamson K5GW
GM/Texas Towers

In a message dated 12/18/2009 4:25:05 P.M. Central  Standard Time,