[TowerTalk] Fwd: Splicing and weatherproofing ladder line

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Splicing and weatherproofing ladder line
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:07:24 -0500
 I believe you might get some corrosion as you have a mix of metals, copper and
tin and that might lead to a breakdown after a few years unprotected but a
metal breaking down from UV light, now way. Either protected the junction from
moist or leave it completely open are my two recommendations. An open ladder
line have air as dielectric with no moist problems so there is no problems like
a coax.

73 de Hans - N2JFS