[TowerTalk] solder

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] solder
From: "Craig Clark" <jcclark@radiusnorth.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:42:11 -0500
"Hello to all on TT. I have a roll of old solder. the label states made in
england. Alloy Sn 50 ersin muliticore 5 core solder. non-corrosive flux. Can
this be used for soldering connectors without that nasty degrigation. Im
just not sure if it contains lead which is bad. Any help?

tony k2vi"

Most electronic grade solder is 60 Sn - 40 Pb with a rosin core. I use a
water soluble flux Kester 63-37 that I buy from Jenson for all connectors I
make.

You have to watch for using plumbing solder with an acid core for electrical
applications. That can have nasty consequences.

73 Craig

Craig Clark K1QX
Radioware
PO Box 209