Re: [TowerTalk] solder

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] solder
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:55:37 -0500
The only failures I've had with gear over the last 3 years has been
failure  of  RHOS solder joints. One was a very expensive HD TV set. It
was under warranty and the tech said the majority of their work now days
is repairing failed RHOS solder problems right from the factory.  Lead
in the connections/solder is not a problem in use. As someone else said,
it's only a problem when thrown out in the trash where it leaches out
under the acidic conditions in the dump.

73

Roger (K8RI)