[TowerTalk] Tower Talk Admin

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Talk Admin
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:39:32 -0800
I subscribe to a more than a dozen email lists, and TT right at the
top, both in terms of the quality and priorities of its
administration and the quality of the information being exchanged.
Many thanks to K7LXC for doing a superb job for a lot of years.
Thanks to his light but steady hand, we've learned a lot from each
other about a lot of things. I no longer waste my time with another
ham list where the "moderator" chooses to reject posts he considers
inappropriate.

There are conflicting philosophies with respect to "reply to"
settings for a list. The one that TT uses hopes that replies that
don't need to go to all 1,000 members can go only to the individual
who asked a question. The other setting, which replies by default to
the list, assumes that every list member should be interested in
every response. I can see virtue in either setting.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC