Re: [TowerTalk] broken balun wires

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] broken balun wires
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:35:43 -0500
I agree with Roger. Best to only crimp in that situation. If you are going
to solder after crimping a long crimp is needed and then only solder a small
amount on the end of the wire near the ring. When solder is allowed to wick
out into the wire past the lug it gets stiff and will break easily at the
solder/wire junction. There are some lugs available with tabs to bend over
the wire to support it. Those would help.

73
Gary K4FMX