Re: [TowerTalk] broken balun wires

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] broken balun wires
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:03:07 -0500
Ken.

 One thing I did not see mentioned is the soldering technique. Stranded wire if
over heated in the soldering process, will become  hardened/tempered. This my
be you problem if you use a bernzomatic  as a heat source.

 YMMV

 Wayne W3EA

 I use a small pencil butane solder tip ed torch for on tower work
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-pencil-torch-Butane-refillable-solder-welding_W0QQitemZ280441055114QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414b96e78a