Re: [TowerTalk] Speaking of wire mesh...

To: <n4zr@contesting.com>, "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Speaking of wire mesh...
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 17:00:38 +0000
They may not be perfect, but they do help.  I use that stuff under my 80m
4-square... even with the radials raised up 10' putting 150' of that stuff
under each vertical was still a measurable change to the impedance when I
was putting up the first one and testing it.  I got it in 100' sections from
a local fence installer and put 100' out from the center of the 4-square as
far as it went past each vertical, then a 50' piece at 90 degrees to it
crossing at the base of each vertical.  A 1/8" galvanized cable clamp does a
good job of clamping without need for matching metals if you use galvanized
wire, then use a bigger galvanized clamp to attach to the tower rung.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net