Re: [TowerTalk] Downhill anchors

To: 'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.' <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Downhill anchors
From: "Williams, Richard (OAG/CPG)" <Richard.Williams@gnb.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:03:15 -0400
Hire an engineer.

Rick VE9HF

-----Original Message-----
From: towertalk-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of john@iguanavilla.com
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 9:43 PM
To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Cc: ku4bp@triad.rr.com

There is a lot of leverage on elevated anchors and I would avoid using them
unless really necessary.    You could move the downhill anchor further away
from the tower base to maintain the guy angle.   I have seen installations
(including my own at http://www.qr.com/db/p40a ) where guy wires were are at
very different angles and distances from the base.

John KK9A