Re: [TowerTalk] Fiberglass Supplier

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fiberglass Supplier
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:24:46 -0500
Daniel:

     I'm afraid I'm going to be contrary to your <no wood> requirement with
my suggestion.  When I was first licensed in the 60s, many QST and Pop
Electronic articles on construcing quads suggested using bamboo poles as
spreaders.  At that time they were obtainable from carpet stores; the carpet
material was often shipped wound around such poles and the poles were then
available at little or no cost.  Later construction articles urged that
these poles should be wrapped in fiberglass tape to prolong their useful
life.

     This might not be a particularly appealing choice, especially if you
consider having to wrap the bamboo in tape, but I throw it out there FWIW.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F