[TowerTalk] bamboo for quad spreaders

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] bamboo for quad spreaders
From: Cal Zethmayr <w4gmh@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 23:21:02 -0600
Back in the 60's I built a 20-15-10-6 meter 2 element quad using cane fishing
poles I got from a local fish and bait place....and my boom was a 2inch
aluminum pipe.

I had it up about 45 feet and it was still in good shape when I moved away from
that city 5 years later. I gave it to another ham to take down and move to his
QTH...and he was using it at least 5 years after that when I worked him one day
on 15...then we also wkd on 20....

Now have to admit it didn't snow in Laurel Mississippi anytime during those ten
years!

Cal Z
W4GMH