Re: [TowerTalk] Band Color Codes

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Band Color Codes
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:06:19 -0500
On 2/15/2010 Jim CASSIDY wrote:

> There a re a couple of other wire label options.  3M and maybe
> others make wire labels that have a white surface to write info on
> and a clear portion of tape covers the writing to preserve it.
> Another more inexpensive method is to use white electrical tape and
> mark with a Sharpie marker.  They last fairly well.
> 73

> Jim Cassidy

> KI7Y

I decided I had enough wires to spring for a Dymo RhinoPro 5000 Cable Labeler,
and have loaned it to a few friends on the "YOU buy your own tapes" basis -
NICE clear labels, with electronics symbols, and can be setup for wrap type,
vertical, and even patch panels and telephone block spacing, plus code 39 and
code 128 barcodes

They run about $87, and you can get Nylon and permanent polyester labels

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

My Website: http://www.thegallos.com
My Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

Old MacDonald had an agricultural real estate tax abatement. E-I-E-I-O