[TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna Problem

To: <tdxs-list@tdxs.net>, "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna Problem
From: "Chuck" <w5pr@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:02:09 -0600
I have been trying to repair my 4 beverage antennas.  Wires and terminations
are good.  2 of the beverages work well, 2 are "dead"  I have checked the coax
and connectors are ok.  Other than broken wires, what can go wrong with the
transformer?  What the heck am I missing?  Short to the core?  I will try
moving a transformer from a working Beverage to a dead one to see if that is
the problem.  Both "dead" ones have RG-59 coax with foil and shield to them.
The working ones have other types of coax. All have transformers from ON4UN
that used to work great.  3 are 600' one is 800'  the 800' and one 600' are not
working.

I guess I should try the substitution of another transformer first...

Thanks

Chuck W5PR