Re: [TowerTalk] [tdxs-list] Beverage Antenna Problem

To: "Chuck" <w5pr@swbell.net>, <tdxs-list@tdxs.net>, "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [tdxs-list] Beverage Antenna Problem
From: "Mike Bragassa" <bragassa@consolidated.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 05:18:38 -0600
I would start with substituting the 9:1 balun for a known good one. Also try
substituting out the terminating resistors. Lightning could have got the
resistors?

I would also try your analyzer on the feedline using a dummyload at the
opposite end OF THE COAX. Check for an open or short in the coax.

If the wires are visibly OK, it can only be one of those three things.

Mike, K5UO