Re: [TowerTalk] Dual rotor controllers

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dual rotor controllers
From: "K8ZTT" <k8ztt@mho.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:54:59 -0700
Ted,

I forgot to mention that you would only need to use one of the internal
capacitors, so you would only hook up six leads to one of the boxes.  8 and
4 would only be to one box.

I forgot about that because I do not use the capacitor in my control box.  I
have the capacitor(s) mounted right by the rotors.  They work much better
that way, and it also allows you to use the two now unneeded wires in
parallel with the leads going to 5 and 6.  The advantage of that is you now
have less voltage drop to the motor(s); that combined with the capacitor at
the rotor, gives it much better torque and better operation.

Dick K8ZTT