Re: [TowerTalk] Dual rotor controllers

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dual rotor controllers
From: "K8ZTT" <k8ztt@mho.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:48:34 -0700
Ted,

I am doing just the opposite of what you are trying to accomplish.  I have
one controller and use it on five different rotators (mix of Ham IV's and
Tale Twisters).  In my case, I use sets of relays to electrically connect
the right rotor to the rotor control box.

You would need the power transformer to be operational in both.  Looking at
the schematic, it looks like all you would need to do is remove the 1/8 amp
fuse in the meter circuit in one of the boxes.  The meter is nothing but a
voltmeter that is converting the voltage between pin 3 and ground to a
directional reading.  Of course you would have to have the box with the
meter transformer that you are using to be on for the meter to work in the
other box.

Thinking further, since we are dealing with DC on the meter circuit that is
regulated to the same voltage, you might just get away with doing nothing
but hooking the two controllers in parallel.    If by chance both boxes are
on, I would think all that would do is reduce the current flow in both
circuits to in half.

Dick K8ZTT