Re: [TowerTalk] Drill bits

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Drill bits
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:43:30 -0400
On 3/24/2010 Guy Molinari wrote:

> Hi Steve,

>     I got 15 plates with the AB-105 hardware.   I'll only need 6 of
> them for the 2 towers I'm putting up.   Since I have them and they
> are rusty, I'm going to enlarge the holes before I get them hot dipped.
...snip...

Then I'd say the right tool isn't even a drill bit!!

Measure the existing hole, and buy a 11/32 couterbore, and a pilot for the
couterbore that is the same size as the existing hole, and have at it!  Much
less grabbing, lower HP requirements and the like, plus the drill won't walk
all over the place

--
73 de KG2V

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations,
pursuing invariably the same Object evinces
 a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism,
it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government,
 and to provide new Guards for their future security."

My Website: http://www.thegallos.com
My Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged.