Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain TH-6DX

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hygain TH-6DX
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 17:38:11 -0700
You can see the bad news:  choose from CW, low phone, or high phone.
Hope you don't need more than one of those segments :-(
Also, you can't "cheat" the SWR curves by using a tuner.
The pattern will significantly degrade at the frequencies
where the SWR is high.  This is why, IMHO, given a choice
between a TH6 and TH7, picking the TH7 is a no brainer.
I used to have a TH6.  I would never go back to that.

Rick N6RK