Re: [TowerTalk] OR2800 rotor cable

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OR2800 rotor cable
From: Les Kalmus <w2lk@bk-lk.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:32:39 -0400
One leg of the circuit is grounded, which would be the shield if using coax.
I did not have the noise problem using unshielded multi conductor cable
until my controller failed and M2 "upgraded" it to the current version.
Without going into the details, none of the fixes they sent me helped.
Some people have reported that the noise is not a problem when using
coax (i.e., W3LPL).
Rather than running another wire, I switched to a Green Heron controller
which makes no noise using the original cable.

Les W2LK