Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Alfa Spid Rotors, RAK-1 feedback sought

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Alfa Spid Rotors, RAK-1 feedback sought
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 15:40:06 -0400

On 5/17/2010 3:04 PM, barockteer@aol.com wrote:
> Thinking of a rotator upgrade here, and the Alfa-Spid RAK-1 looked pretty
> good on the show floor at Dayton.
> I'm looking to hear about the good, the bad, and the ugly on this one.
> eHam reviews seem rather dated, looking for recent info. I notice that Hygain
> is now selling them in the US.

They have a very good reputation, are rugged, well built, and do not
suffer from the wedge brake or free wheel as with the dual worm gear
drive they can not free wheel and do not need a wedge to hold them in
place.

As Hy-Gain is now owned by MFJ? I hope they (MFJ) don't hurt the
reputation of either company.

73

Roger (K8RI)