Re: [TowerTalk] thrust bearing lubrication

To: wb2aio@yahoo.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] thrust bearing lubrication
From: Brahmangou@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 23:05:07 EDT
1. Remove the allen screw
2. remove the ball bearings one by one through the hole left by the  screw.
3. Now the bearing halves will come apart.
4. clean the races and ball bearings with brake  clean.
5. Apply grease to the races.
6. reassemble the halves.
7. reinsert the ball bearings.
8. Reinsert the allen screw.
have a beer, all done.

You have to disassemble it. The clunking is the dried out grease in  the
races and has to be cleaned out.

73,
Marty AB5GU

In a message dated 5/17/2010 7:48:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time,